“I wanted to design the bike right down to the smallest detail rather than just picking the colour. Each bike is numbered and features an exclusive signature. This electric superbike represents the future of riding and is a testament to a life lived to the fullest.”
The power unit, which offers 102kW maximum output (equivalent to around 137bhp), is powered by a battery that can completely recharge in a claimed 35 minutes and will give the rider up to 217 miles of range, while a quick charge of ten minutes provides around 60 miles touring.
“We are extremely proud to have F1 legend Mika Häkkinen design the signature model. He is one of the greatest drivers of all time and breaking boundaries and enjoying the thrill of speed is something that we very much share in common,” added Tuomo Lehtimäki, CEO of Verge Motorcycles.
The 100 units will be available throughout Europe and will cost 80,000 Euros.
- Signature edition: Each of the 100 bikes will be individually numbered and feature a signature plate embossed with the two-time F1 Champion’s John Hancock.
- Carbon details: The carbon fibre battery surround has been added as a link to the McLaren F1 cars that the Flying Finn drove to success in 1998 and 1999.
- Two-tone: The Mika Häkkinen Special Edition is finished in a subtle dark grey and silver colour scheme. The rear suspension set-up has also been blacked out to add to the stealth look.
- Reinventing the wheel: Central to the Verge line-up’s incredible torque output is the hub-less motor that requires no chain or belt drive thus maximising space in the central part of the bike for battery capacity.
- Ceramic finish: The ceramic coating on the Verge uses Nano technology to cure to the paint offering a glass like protective layer that protects against minor scratches and ultra-violet light.